Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eat Your Heart Out JAPE!!!


OK, seriously, I just had to do something in reponse to JP's sunny southern California Dreamin' post yesterday.
C'mon, really, who has the "true" winter weather?
This is a picture of Jim and I celebrating MLK Day - Utah style. We got snowshoes for Christmas, can you tell? This is a photo taken right outside our house. We had about 3 feet piled up as of 5:00 yesterday. Driving home each day is a death defying feat!!!!
It was a near perfect "Utah-ish" winter day: sleep in until 9:00 am (holiday- woooo hooo!!!!); read the Book of Mormon in flannel pjs while eating whole wheat cereal (I am NOT making that up!); cutting out my first baby quilt; making ratatiouille to experiment for my cookbook manuscript due in a few weeks; watching a little Food Network (Alton Brown is my hero!); snowshoeing with Jim on the trail next to our house - excellent 360 degree view of Utah County at the peak- crystal clear and breahtaking literally and physically; talking to many loved ones via the modern wonder called "cell phones"; Relief Society phone calling; dinner at home made by my eternal sweetheart; movie out on a date with my sweetie ("The Bucket List" - outstanding) home to hang out with some of my wonderful kiddos - AAaaahhhhhhhhhhh!! This is the Celestial Kingdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, Jape - - - Jim tells me the slopes at Sundance ROCK. Are you jealous???
;)
Ain't life GRAND??!!
Love to you all!!!

6 comments:

Our Famdango said...

Sleeping in is definitely great!! How did the ratatouille turn out? I am trying mine tomorrow. We get the best of both world's as far as weather goes, we get the wonderful snow and then we take vacations to visit the warmer weather whenever we want!! Disneyland here we come!!!

morganspice said...

I think I would take the Cali Dreamin, if I could afford a house to dream in. More like California nightmare....

jph3 said...

Very cool! (Pun definitely intended.)

I think my appreciation for the sunny side of our current lives comes from having spent the past 8 years in the cold, dark nearly-year-round, Seattle rain. Perhaps drying out for the next 8 years will make us want the balance of 4 actual seasons again. But in the meantime, we'll have to "settle" on life out here for a while. ;-)

Come on out and see us some time. Leave the snow-shoes and bring your surf boards!

Amy Jane said...

Mom, you're awesome. That looks like quite the fun/relaxing day. Those snowshoes look super fun!

jph3 said...

OK - you haven't seen real snow* until you check this out:

http://jph3.wordpress.com/



* And by 'real snow', I mean really small amounts of snow. :)

morganspice said...

I'm sorry but that snow looks like an absolute NIGHTMARE. Much like the California home prices. I will stick with the constant mildly temperatured dripping and my five figure mortgage.