Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a MUST SEE video

A friend of mine emailed me this video clip and it is so great I wanted to share it with all beloved happyvalleykellys fans.

It is a clip of a panel discussion recently at Harvard - the topic was basically living your religion. A 20-year-old Mormon student was invited to speak for the church members. I watched the entire clip (21 minutes) and was mesmerized! It is too rare to find intelligence and spirituality merged, but Rachel Esplin does it beautifully! I was moved to tears several times by her simple, powerful presentation. A must see for all Mormons and those interested in how a simple humble Latter-day Saint lives her religion!!!


Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that and learned from it. I especially liked what she had to say about women in LDS.

Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

I very much agreed with her about women in the church.

I also wish she would have added what President Hinckley said when he was interviewed by Larry King. When asked why women don't have the priesthood, he answered "when the Lord reveals it to us, women will have the priesthood."

I very strongly believe the time will come, but I am happy either way.

Kate said...

I loved this idea so much when I saw it a few weeks ago that I have planned an interfaith panel for my school... we are having it next week. I will have Neil video tape it & we'll put it up.

Donna said...

Fabulous idea - when is it exactly?

Would love to come and see it.

Kate said...

Wed. March 25 at 4pm!

Donna said...

I rpobably can't make it mid-week

:(

I'll just wait impatiently for the video!!!!

Anne said...

Way to pick up the ball & run with it!

So now we'll get to see ANOTHER intelligent, articulate young woman speak eloquently about her LDS faith. Go Kate!

Kate said...

Turns out Neil had to work, so I wasn't able to video tape it... it was a really nice event though. You'll just have to take my word for it!

Donna said...

Boo Hoo.

I MUST have a full report!