Friday, May 4, 2007

Fat and Happy

Kate and I in a convent, Antigua
It seems we are approximately 1.5 to 2 times bigger than every Guatemalan. This is nice for big crowds, but not so nice when you need to buy a shirt in the market. Neil and I spent about 2 hours the other night looking and looking for a XL. But, XL to a Guatemalan is not XL to us. It was a pretty funny affair.
We are leaving Guatemala tomorrow for Mexico. Neil is picking up Spanish quickly and already knows how to use the present & past tenses. His nice 60 year old Spanish teacher that we found at a language school here says he has the accent & diction of a native.รง
QUE BUENO!

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

I swear, we are on average bigger than any other ethnicities. I've been checking out your website! Can you not post comments directly on your website? Hmm. Can't seem to figure that out. Good luck moving into the apartment! How was transporting your boss's expensivo camera? Hopefully the Mexico patch didn't attract the Guatemalan robbers...Miss you guys~

morganspice said...

Hey guys, what a shock, I didn't send my money to you before you left. Do you still have a paypal acct or would you rather just have me send it with Donna? Have fun

CA Morgan