Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAPE!!!!

Man, o man, there are A LOT of birthdays in our family in August!

Today, John Palmer Hicks, III turns, I believe, 35? Can it be true?

I still think of you, Jape, as that cute skinny kid who loved backhoes. And my favorite JP line of all time is . . . After the skinny 5 year old had been helping Jim in the yard of our newlywed bungalow in Tucson, I went out to ask if they needed anything (thinking the answer would be "cold water" or "lemonade," etc.) JP's reply "Yeah, how about a PAYCHECK?" ;)

JP, it is my inicredible good fortune to have a younger brother to look up to and admire. Thank you for the example you have been to me of living a righteous life. You are a man of kindness, integrity and good humor. Hey . . . haven't I read that somewhere recently?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN, and may you live to bless us all many more years!

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Happy birthday jp!! (Oh and ps for anyone who has read the blog in the last two days, that wasn't matt posting yesterday, it was a joke from someone apparently).

Anonymous said...

Hey there - Thanks much for the very kind words. Kind words from kind people.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for that PAYCHECK too. You've got my address . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh - and FYI, it's 29, not 35.

:-)