Saturday, November 15, 2008

Unlocking the Fullness of Life

I wanted to post some of my new fav gratitude quotes -

Please enter the Happy Valley Kellys' Gratitude quote contest - post your fav quote as a comment here and you will win a prize: Donna's upcoming cookbook - '101 Things to do with a Turkey Carcass."

:)

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace to today and creates a vision for tomorrow. " -- Melody Beattie

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts do not drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise.
Life is like an old time rail journey - delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, intersperced only occasionally with beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.
The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the journey." -- Gordon Bittner Hinckley

5 comments:

Anne said...

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."

-- Meister Eckhardt

Can we submit more than one?

Kate said...

"I pray every single second of my life; not on my knees but with my work. My prayer is to lift women to equality with men. Work and worship are one with me. I know there is no God of the universe made happy by my getting down on my knees and calling him 'great.'" -Susan B. Anthony

Donna said...

Anne: Yes, as many as you like!

Kate: OK, this really isn't a gratitude quote, but rather a chance for you to quote one of your heros. . . it's a good one, though :)

Gma Hicks said...

How did Susan B. know that?
Maybe she just felt it.

Kate said...

I think that it is a gratitude quote. One about living your gratitude rather than talking about it. (Plus, Susan B. Anthony is just awesome, and I'll take any chance I can get to quote her. It's true)