Friday, March 21, 2008

Erin Go Braugh!


"Erin Go Braugh" means "Ireland Forever!" (Amy made me clarify that)
St Patty's Day, THE holiday of the year, was celebrated in grand Kelly style with about 100+ friends/neighbors/folks looking for free food.
I only had one picture on my camera, and then I got too busy running around, so Kate & Neil took the rest of the pics with Neil's new fancy camera he bought in honor of his unemployment. So, here is Amy and Chris, pre-party.
I actually brined my own beef brisket this year, and it is acutally yummy, unlike that inedible strngy stuff you buy at the grocery store that is injected with pink dye.
St Pat's trivia: (OK, yes, I did learn this from Alton Brown, my hero) : Corned beef is NOT eaten in Ireland. It is a strictly Irish-American food item. Even more appropo, I'd say.
The top o' the mornin' to all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

jph3 said...

I agree with "multifuncional", this post is likable. :-)

Seriously, sounds like a fun event, especially with the Brisket. Yum.

I celebrated St Patty's day by, um, working. Very boreing.

A Hug,

jph

jph3 said...

boring - sp.

Anonymous said...

We are glad your family had such a fun holiday!

Donna said...

Hi Emily and Jason!

How are you?

We think of you often and hope you are happy and healthy! Are you moving to California?

I tried to go to your blog the other day from JP's blog, but couldn't. Any suggestions?

Donna

Anonymous said...

I sent a invitation to your email! I will resend it! We think about you too! We even started our blog to stay in better touch with your family and the jacks! :) Please let me know if you can't log into our blog. We just set it to private so random and crazy people won't be able to look at it.